Being a newborn photographer, has plenty of perks here's a few that come to mind.
1) Cuddling cute babies is a requirement
2) You get to do a lot of shopping for props, and can justify a shopping addiction by saying "It's not for me, it's for the babies!"
3) You get to meet a lot of wonderful new people and get to know them during the course of a long newborn session.
4) You get to spend a fair bit of time looking at cute babies after their sessions while editing.
5) You get insider information early on, when people are expecting, sex of the baby, and sometimes people even tell you the babies name before it's even been born!
In all seriousness though, I do absolutely love being a newborn photographer, there are so many fantastic things about it, but I really did think it was pretty cool that I got to know baby Jet's name before he was born!